Spills, accidents, and messes in our homes – they happen more often than we like.
So, what should you do if an accidental spill happens in between your next scheduled professional house-cleaning service from A Cleaning Service?
Sometimes the answer may be in your cupboards. While A Cleaning Service is here to help when you call us for professional cleaning services, it’s also not a bad idea to keep some supplies on hand to help with emergencies.
Here are five products that can help you clean up hard messes in a pinch.
- Clean Magic Eraser, which sells for about $4.99 for a two-pack at Target, can remove scuff marks from walls, floors, and furniture.
- Bar Keeper’s Friend, which usually sells for $2, is an abrasive cleanser and polish that can clean up burnt up messes to stainless steel, copper, and porcelain, as well as the grime on your bathroom surfaces (toilets, sinks, and tubs).
- Bronner’s Organic Pure Castile Soap, about $10, can be used to wash dishes, clothing, and even your dog (if you have one). You can use it as body wash or shaving cream (diluted versions) if ever needed but remember to read directions first before use.
- Windex, usually $5 for a 23-ounce bottle at Walmart, can be used to clean streaks on glass surfaces as well as mirrors and other surfaces, too.
- Krud Kutter, which retails for $13 a gallon, is an environmentally friendly degreaser that can take on stains on laundry, soap scum, carpets, wood, and even counter tops. Reading the label and diluting the product according to the manufacturer’s directions is recommended.