Ahhh – there’s nothing like coming home to a freshly cleaned house!
Unfortunately, however, that feeling can only last so long! After all, we live in our homes — not just look around in them! In an ideal world, we’d be able to keep our homes perfect until our next house-cleaning service. Since that isn’t possible, here are some simple steps you can take to keep it tidier between visits.
- Kick off your shoes when you come home. This will prevent dirt from the outside coming inside. Consider using a home storage system for your shoes, and use it regularly.
- Make a place for everything. Another quick, easier way to keep your home cleaner is to utilize storage and organization solutions throughout your house. These can include baskets and filing cabinets. Try to create a place for everything, and everything having its own place. Another advantage to this is that you’ll lose your important items (such as keys or papers) less often.
- Keep up on the main rooms of your house. Remember to pick up any clutter regularly along the main focal points. These rooms usually include the kitchen, living room, dining room, and guest bathroom. Just doing this regularly a couple of times a week can really help!
- Break up those tasks into small, workable parts. For example, you might pick up in your bedroom one day for 10 minutes and then pick up in your office on another day for 10 minutes. Again, consistency and making the tasks manageable can truly help!
- Keep a Swiffer or handy wet wipes around for quick spills and messes. When these accidents happen, make sure to take care of them immediately. A fresh stain is usually much easier to clean than a dried up one, and it will keep your house feeling fresher until A Cleaning Service can reach you for a whole house, thorough cleaning!
To learn more, check out A Cleaning Service, your trusted professional, residential cleaning experts in Arlington, Virginia, or 703-892-8648">call us today.